Respiration also plays an important role in animal monitors
What is RESP:
breaths per minute
The role of breathing:
to absorb oxygen. Providing oxygen for respiration is a life activity that all animals and plants have. The life activities of living things all need to consume energy, which is of great significance from the energy of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins in living organisms.
The monitoring of the respiratory system includes respiratory rate and respiratory force. The resting respiratory rate of routine examination is a sensitive indicator of the deterioration of lung function, and it is one of the important indicators for preoperative diagnosis, ensuring intraoperative safety and postoperative recovery.
Principle: Impedance method, thoracic movement during respiration causes changes in body resistance, and the change in impedance value describes the dynamic waveform of respiration. By connecting the ECG cable, respiration rate parameters can be monitored and displayed. End-tidal carbon dioxide, susceptible to interference, is less accurate.
- Veterinary Echocardiography 2022-09-23 201
- Veterinary Blood Pressure 2022-09-03 228
- Ultrasonography in Animals 2022-09-02 211
- The use and maintenance of anesthesia machine 2022-08-12 153
- Steps to use the anesthesia machine 2022-08-10 154
- Safety matters and maintenance of syringe pump 2022-08-08 119
- Autoclaves and sterilizers 2022-08-05 166
- Veterinary Equipment: What You Need When Setting Up a Clinic 2022-08-04 172