PARAMETER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS OF VETERINARY PATIENT MONITORS ——ETCO2 IS UNSTABLE
4.1.1 What does this FiCO2/inhaled carbon dioxide mean?
Inhaled carbon dioxide is the end-expiratory baseline, also called the zero line, because the carbon dioxide content in normal fresh air is 0.03%~0.06%, especially in the breathing circuit, it will be lower, so the corresponding value on the monitor should be 760mmHg multiplied by Percentage, the resulting inhalation is close to 0, if it is not 0, there is carbon dioxide relapse. That is, the CO2 exhaled by the animal was not completely absorbed by the soda lime. At this time, the medical staff can be reminded to check the breathing circuit and the soda lime.
4.1.2 Tips on the waveform interface
Detect the adapter - clean the adapter, replace the adapter;
Not initialized - restart the monitor;
Request to zero - perform zero operation;
No breathing - check the connection to the animal;
Overrange - recalibrate, consider replacing the adapter;
No communication - the main board, key board, module, and internal cable need to be considered.
4.1.3 If the deviation of the ETCO2 value is too large, it should be reset to zero first, and it cannot be solved after zeroing.
The ideal value in the laboratory is 35-45mmHg, but in actual clinical practice, it needs to be comprehensively judged according to parameters such as animal respiration rate, blood oxygen, and heart rate;
Generally speaking, first check whether there is relapse. If there is, deal with it according to 4.1.1. If not, it may be that the animal's breathing rate is low and the breathing intensity is too weak;
The mainstream module does not use mechanical ventilation, and it is a common phenomenon to have inaccurate values. If the heart rate and blood oxygen are not abnormal, there is no need to worry.
- PARAMETER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS OF VETERINARY PATIENT MONITORS ——SPO2 IS UNSTABLE 2022-06-13 126
- How to measure animal's SpO2？ 2022-06-27 150
- How to Monitor an Animal's ECG 2022-06-29 111
- Measurement techniques of non-invasive blood pressure in animals 2022-06-30 111
- How to connect the CO2 module 2022-07-01 169
- Respiration also plays an important role in animal monitors 2022-07-05 136
- The application and principle of body temperature 2022-07-06 148
- Parameter problems and solutions of veterinary patient monitors——NIBP is unstable 2022-07-07 110
- How do we solve common problems about ECG parameters in veterinary monitors? 2022-07-08 119
- Common faults and treatment of respiratory rate 2022-07-12 140
- Methods of measuring blood pressure in animals 2022-07-13 174
- Factors Affecting the Normal ECG of Dogs 2022-07-14 153
- Common sense of pet infusion 2022-07-15 160
- Instructions for using the infusion pump 2022-07-18 136
- System structure and working principle of medical infusion pump 2022-07-19 138
- What should be paid attention to when prolonging the use of the infusion pump 2022-07-20 107
- How do we save the infusion pump and what are the potential market values 2022-07-21 112
- The structure and working principle of the syringe pump 2022-07-22 134
- How to use a syringe pump 2022-07-25 215
- What should be paid attention to when using a syringe pump 2022-07-26 154