How do we solve common problems about ECG parameters in veterinary monitors?
3.1.1 Heart rate is double the actual number of auscultations
The heart rate is based on the main lead, and the machine defaults lead II as the lead lead. When the P wave and T wave are high, or the QRS wave is low, the ECG monitoring can misjudge the P or T wave as the QRS wave, and the displayed heart rate is doubled. For example, the original heart rate of 120 beats/min is falsely reported as 240 beats/min, and it is judged as "supraventricular tachycardia". At this time, switching to a lead with a higher R wave can usually solve the problem.
3.1.2 Animals also have ECG waveform and heart rate when they are dying
The animal is in a dying state. At this time, the myocardium has no systolic and blood-draining function, and there is no measurement data of blood oxygen. Because it is auscultation, no heart sound can be heard, and there is no pulsation of the surrounding arteries. Doctors usually judge it as death. However, at this time, the myocardium still has bioelectric activity, but it has no effective mechanical function, and intermittent slow, very weak and incomplete "contraction" occurs. Because the ECG is too weak, the monitor will automatically amplify the ECG amplitude (4~8 times), and the heart rate is mostly below 20~30 beats per minute.
3.1.3 Animal ECG images are very noisy, and the heart rate occasionally appears above 300
If it shows that the channel is saturated, it means that the conductivity is not good. First check the connection position and connection status of the ECG clip, whether it has fallen off, and ensure that the clip is on the meat. A layer of medical gauze can be added to protect the pet's skin and reduce trauma, but the gauze also needs to be wetted by a conductive liquid;
lIf the channel is not saturated, it means that there is EMG interference, please keep the animal and the operating bed insulated, wear insulating gloves when touching the animal directly, and turn off the high-frequency electrosurgical knife and other equipment;
Do not use the couplant that comes with the ultrasound equipment. The couplant is a non-conductive gel.
- PARAMETER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS OF VETERINARY PATIENT MONITORS ——SPO2 IS UNSTABLE 2022-06-13 126
- How to measure animal's SpO2？ 2022-06-27 150
- How to Monitor an Animal's ECG 2022-06-29 111
- Measurement techniques of non-invasive blood pressure in animals 2022-06-30 111
- How to connect the CO2 module 2022-07-01 169
- Respiration also plays an important role in animal monitors 2022-07-05 136
- The application and principle of body temperature 2022-07-06 148
- Parameter problems and solutions of veterinary patient monitors——NIBP is unstable 2022-07-07 110
- PARAMETER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS OF VETERINARY PATIENT MONITORS ——ETCO2 IS UNSTABLE 2022-07-11 111
- Common faults and treatment of respiratory rate 2022-07-12 140
- Methods of measuring blood pressure in animals 2022-07-13 174
- Factors Affecting the Normal ECG of Dogs 2022-07-14 153
- Common sense of pet infusion 2022-07-15 160
- Instructions for using the infusion pump 2022-07-18 136
- System structure and working principle of medical infusion pump 2022-07-19 138
- What should be paid attention to when prolonging the use of the infusion pump 2022-07-20 107
- How do we save the infusion pump and what are the potential market values 2022-07-21 112
- The structure and working principle of the syringe pump 2022-07-22 134
- How to use a syringe pump 2022-07-25 215
- What should be paid attention to when using a syringe pump 2022-07-26 154