How to measure animal's SpO2？
The volume of oxygen-bound oxyhemoglobin (HbO2) in the blood accounts for the percentage of the total bindable hemoglobin (Hb) volume, that is, the concentration of blood oxygen in the blood, which is an important physiological parameter of respiration and circulation.
What is the clinical significance?
Blood oxygen monitoring can provide important information on animal oxygen supply, which is helpful to detect hypoxia or potential hypoxia during surgery for timely treatment.
It is very useful for the assessment of lung function in animals, and for any animal that exhibits tachypnea postoperatively, oxygen saturation must be measured to aid in diagnosis and treatment planning.
Clip the pulse oximeter probe to the part of the animal with abundant capillaries, smooth blood flow and good light transmittance. For example, animals' tongues, ears, tails with shorter hair, etc.
Because exercise affects blood flow and signal extraction, to obtain stable blood oxygen values, keep the animal sedated or anesthetized.
Cat SpO2 value is in the range of 85% to 97%;
The dog SpO2 value is in the range of 85% to 99%;
Horse SpO2 values are in the range of 85% to 99%.
Practical tips for measuring blood oxygen in animals
Only when the signal is strong enough, the pulse track is clear, and the rhythm and rhythm are consistent with the patient's animal, the value given by the monitor is reliable;
Since animal blood oxygen probes are different from human structures, they are easily disturbed by external light or movement.
This point needs to be paid attention to during the measurement.
- PARAMETER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS OF VETERINARY PATIENT MONITORS ——SPO2 IS UNSTABLE 2022-06-13 144
- How to Monitor an Animal's ECG 2022-06-29 129
- Measurement techniques of non-invasive blood pressure in animals 2022-06-30 130
- How to connect the CO2 module 2022-07-01 192
- Respiration also plays an important role in animal monitors 2022-07-05 157
- The application and principle of body temperature 2022-07-06 170
- Parameter problems and solutions of veterinary patient monitors——NIBP is unstable 2022-07-07 126
- How do we solve common problems about ECG parameters in veterinary monitors? 2022-07-08 136
- PARAMETER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS OF VETERINARY PATIENT MONITORS ——ETCO2 IS UNSTABLE 2022-07-11 125
- Common faults and treatment of respiratory rate 2022-07-12 150
- Methods of measuring blood pressure in animals 2022-07-13 200
- Factors Affecting the Normal ECG of Dogs 2022-07-14 169
- Common sense of pet infusion 2022-07-15 176
- Instructions for using the infusion pump 2022-07-18 154
- System structure and working principle of medical infusion pump 2022-07-19 156
- What should be paid attention to when prolonging the use of the infusion pump 2022-07-20 126
- How do we save the infusion pump and what are the potential market values 2022-07-21 133
- The structure and working principle of the syringe pump 2022-07-22 148
- How to use a syringe pump 2022-07-25 233
- What should be paid attention to when using a syringe pump 2022-07-26 170